Welcome to Four Corners FCU
ON THE HORIZON
Mobile Banking - WELL…….it is taking longer than anticipated. We have submitted all of our paperwork and we are waiting. They can’t give me an exact date so we just have to be patient. We will post it on our website when it is ready. We appreciate your patience.
New Certificate of Deposit - New Name: Rate Builder Certificate
GOOD NEWS….We are up and running. This is how it will work and we think you will like it.
- Minimum monthly deposit $100.00 for Adults and $5.00 for children under 18.
- Starting Rate will be 1.30%
- Dividends are paid monthly
- If you deposit the minimum or more your rate will increase by .033% each month for 3 years.
- In 3 years you will top out at 2.50%. It will remain at that rate for the next 2 years and the Certificate will mature at 5 years. If the rates for Certificates start rising, the Board of Directors have the right to increase the rates. They will not be lowered on the existing Certificates.
- A member can make a withdrawal during the month and if the money plus the normal deposit is put back before the end of the month the rate will increase accordingly.
- If funds are withdrawn and not put back within the month the rate will revert back to 1.30% and the interest progression starts over.
- If a deposit is not made but no money is withdrawn the rate stays the same
Rate Builder is being put in place to encourage saving for the future and not having to gather up enough funds to open the standard Certificates of Deposit ($1,000.00) or ($25,000.00). It will also give you an account that pays more and you do not have to save up $5,000.00 (normal amount necessary to start with a stock broker) to start a retirement program.
If you have questions about this certificate please call Phyllis at 598-3960 or ask any of the Board Members at your job site.
SETTING UP AN ONLINE VANGUARD ACCOUNT
If you are considering retirement in the near future, it will be in your best interest to set up your account online if you have not done so. If you are interested in rolling your 401K over to the Credit Union into an IRA it can be done very fast if you are set up. Last week a member requested his 401K to be rolled over to the Credit Union on Friday morning and it was in his account on Monday. It normally takes 2 to 4 weeks when processed through the mail. If you do not have internet available see Phyllis and she will help you set up your online account for faster processing. She can also answer any questions you might have concerning IRA’s. Currently the Credit Union pays the highest dividends on IRA’s in the area and we do not charge withdrawal fees or Annual fees. We love the opportunity to take care of your retirement funds.
Don't Tax My Credit Union - Sign This Petition
Banks and some politicians in Washington are talking about taxing credit unions, despite the fact that we are not-for-profit. They say we can balance the budget by taxing credit
unions, even though credit unions hold only 6% of all financial assets nationwide, while banks hold an enormous 94 percent.
DID YOU KNOW...
- If you want to renew a Pay Check Advance Loan (PAL) the tellers are able to do that for you and it is not necessary for you to wait for a Loan Officer.
- If you are a first time applicant for a PAL loan you need to bring in a pay stub to verify your employment and will need to see a Loan Officer.
- FYI. Anytime you apply for a new loan, you need to bring in your most recent pay stub.